It's the weekend, so that means it's time for another bread-based recipe. This time it's the classic combination of walnuts with zucchini and the additional twist of cinnamon.
- 3 eggs
- 300g sugar
- 220mL olive oil
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 50g cinnamon ⇠ I kid you not
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 300g grated zucchini
- 125g chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
- Grate the zucchini with a cheese grater, then set aside
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla until just blended
- In a separate medium size bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together
- Pour the dry ingredients, zucchini, and nuts into your sugar+egg+oil mixture and mix on low-speed until just blended. It's very important that you do not over-mix on this step.
- Pour everything into the loaf pan, filling it about 3/4 of the way full. Filling it too much will result in a mess at the bottom of your oven.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or when the toothpick test comes out just a little moist — a few minutes from being completely cooked. Taking it out too late will result in some dry bread.
And that's that. Once cooled, grab something nice to drink and enjoy a slice of Sunday regardless the day of the week.